Beginning Teacher Conference Call for Proposals
The Illinois New Teacher Collaborate (INTC) invites you to present one or more breakout sessions at the INTC Y2 7th Annual Beginning Teacher Conference!
We are expecting over 125 new teachers who will have just finished year one of teaching. The deadline for proposal submissions is May 1, 2016, and you will be notified of your acceptance by email on or before date May 15, 2016. You and any co-presenters do not register for the conference. There is no registration fee for presenters. INTC will register you once your presentation is accepted.
The conference will be held on dates June 29 and 30, 2016, at the I Hotel and Conference Center in Champaign, IL. For more information, go to the conference page.
The breakout sessions are scheduled as follows:
Wednesday, June 29
Session A 1:00-2:10
Session B 2:30-3:40
Session C 3:50-5:00
Thursday, June 30
Session D 9:00-10:10
Session E 10:20-11:30
We strongly encourage you to develop your session content using a variety of interactive and engaging strategies. A time for Q&A or some type of audience participation is important. New teachers should leave your session with an idea and idea or strategy they can use.
If you were a 2015 presenter and would like to present something similar contact Nancy Johnson (email@example.com) to receive a copy of your presentation description.
Please bring your own laptop. All rooms have Internet access and an overhead LCD projector. Breakout seating will be theater style (chairs).
To save your making paper copies, INTC can post your presentation on the INTC BTC Conference Archive for attendees to access during your presentation and after the conference. Please send the electronic file in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to have printed handouts, please plan on bringing your own. Session attendance max is 40.
Proposals are for 70-minute sessions with an unknown number of attendees; conference participants do not sign up for sessions in advance.
Submissions must include the following:
- Contact information for presenter and co-presenters
- Presentation title (10 word limit)
- Session abstract (100 word limit)
- Session objectives
- Intended audience (grade levels)
- Applicability to the Danielson Framework Clusters (listed below)
- Evaluate and apply strategies for establishing a safe, respectful, and supportive learning environment (Cluster Two)
- Evaluate and apply strategies for effective classroom management (Cluster Three)
- Increase proficiency at planning clear and purposeful instruction with accurate and in-depth content appropriate to the students and course level (Cluster One)
- Develop skills to engage all students in challenging learning activities. (Cluster Four)
- Plan for learning success by all students (Cluster Five)
- Apply issues related to professionalism and ethics to the educational setting (Cluster Six)
Note: In order to ensure that we cover a wide range of topics that will appeal to the new teachers in attendance, not all presenters who submit an application may be asked to present.
Compensation information: $100 single and $150 repeated sessions. INTC cannot compensate presenters if they are employees of the University of Illinois, retirees from the University, or under contract with their district or another entity at the time of the conference.